Closet Organization Ideas
Are you like me and can’t seem to find enough space in your closet? Female problems! I have found many ideas on how to organize my closet and how to keep it that way as well. I’ll be sharing a few tips with you today. Before considering the closet organization ideas below, first pull out all of your clothing, shoes, and accessories so that you can decide which items in your closet you love and use. Getting rid of items that you don’t use will help in cutting down on clutter in your closet. When cleaning out your closet consider donating anything you haven’t worn in the last year or have a tailor alter items that you like but don’t fit. Here are some closet organization ideas that create a functional, clean space that’s uncluttered and has space for almost everything in your closet:
- Store the items that you mostly use at eye level, less-used items below, and least-used items up high.
- Hang like items like pants, tops, dresses and jackets in the same area, by color.
- Combine storage units to fit your different needs: drawers for folded items, hangers for dresses and suits, and boxes for undergarments and socks.
- Use boxes, cubbies, tiered shelves, or a hanging organizer to sort shoes.
- Keep folded clothes or accessories neat with shelf dividers.
- Use stackable laundry baskets for easy sorting, that you can also carry to the washing machine.
- Make more room in your closet by storing out-of-season clothes in boxes up high, under the bed or in garage.
Don’t forget to add lighting throughout your newly-organized closet to make it easier to find items and also makes your closet look bigger. There are a number of battery powered lights that can be added to shelves, drawers and other dark corners, you can easily find these at Ikea. Look for lighting that turns on and shuts off automatically for drawers and cabinets. Once you have organized your beautiful and uncluttered closet, keep it that way! Here are a few images that I would suggest for you to consider, none of these pictures are from my work.